Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chloe Takes Charge

There's absolutely no point trying to train Chloe; she is training me, and she's a lot smarter than me.

Today, she was out by herself on the lawn. I went over with some apple to entice her into practicing tricks, but although she accepted the pieces I offered her, she was more interested in munching the tall grass at the edge of the yard.

Later I went out again, carrying the halter and leadrope. As soon as she saw me, she came right over. But when I tried to put the halter on, she moved away. I pursued, but each time I caught up with her, she moved away again. Then she set off down the drive at a trot. I ran beside her, and when we stopped, she turned towards me and touched the halter with her nose. I put it on her, and this time she had no objection.


We did the foot-up-on-my-knee trick, but two or three times when I was asking her to put her foot up, she re-positioned herself so that I was alongside her .... in mounting position? Could she possibly be suggesting that I ride???? There was no way I was going to risk offending her by trying to sit on her, but I flopped forward over her back instead, and she stood quite still. Tomorrow a friend's 8-year old daughter is coming over to meet Chloe. I've already explained the "Chloe never has to anything she doesn't want" rule, so we'll see what is permitted. Obviously I have to leave it up to Professor Chloe to take the lead in what happens.

After Chloe returned to the field, George re-asserted his authority by driving Chloe off in a mad dash around the field. They all had a fine time running around before dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment