Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Monday, May 17, 2010

What's up with this funny game?

Bridget is a contact sport kind of a girl.  She's always leaning on me, chewing on me, bumping into me and - her new craze - pawing at me with her forelegs.  The gesture is not at all demanding or impatient but rather seems seems playful and curious.

I can feel the movement welling up inside her before it happens, and if I look at her leg, it seems to be beginning to, I don't know, vibrate or something.

When presented with a leg, I feel I must respond with appreciation.  Clearly this is an interactive, friendly overture and as such deserves a friendly response. The habit has begun to spread: yesterday, I moved down her side toward her hind legs, and lo and behold, she raised her right hind and poked her foot at me.  There was no resemblance to a cow-kick - the movement was calm, controlled and slow.

I have the feeling that when she does this, she is not saying something specific, that she is being generally outgoing with her limbs, that it is a gesture of connection. Or maybe I'm wrong; maybe she means, "I'd like fries with that."

Whatever it means, it's rather fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment