Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dusk

This evening, when it was almost dark, I went out into the field.  The horses came up to join me, and I ran down to the end of the field by the road, where they had not so far ventured to explore.  The horses followed, and we stood at the fence, looking over toward the mountain.  I wished we could climb up there together and explore what is beyond that dark ridge.

As I was heading toward the house, leaving the herd grazing in the growing darkness, Chloe crept over and found me alone by the gate.  I knelt down and scratched her chest while she nibbled my shoulder.  Before long George came over, and Chloe moved away.  Goodnight, horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment