Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grandmother's Footsteps

I told you Gus was a little quirky, right?

One day I was in his pasture, leaning over the gate, talking to the mare-next-door. Gus and his brother, Skipper, were a few yards off. I chanced to look over at them and saw them both staring at me, enigmatically, heads lowered in unison.

I kept talking to the mare, and every time I looked over they had advanced a step or two. Gus, being the leader, would take half a step forward, and Skipper would follow. Pause. Another half-step, pause, and so on. It must have taken them all of ten minutes to cover 20 yards, and they kept up the enigmatic stare the whole time. They finally reached where I was standing, and we all had a nice chat.

It was about the funniest thing I ever saw.



Gus is the one with the blaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment