Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Grass May Be Greener, but the Sky Isn't Bluer

I love where I live. But it's not perfect.

Some days my ungrateful mind will dwell on one of the reasons in the litany of why not: oh, I wish we had a proper creek; I wish we had a pond; I wish there wasn't a drought every summer; it would be nice if the soil were better; I wish we were nearer the sea; we need more trees; it gets too cold in the winter; the mountain isn't very tall; life would be better if there were no copperheads in the woods. And so it goes.

But there's one thing we have here which is perfect - the sky. I think the sky in our little corner of the Earth is the most beautiful sky in the whole world.












Every day the sky has a different mood. This is how it was today.

As for the horses, I know we have the best horses in the world.

3 comments: