Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Greeting

This morning I fed the horses as usual, and as usual when it's mealtime, they have no time to spare for socializing. Except occasionally Bridget.

Feeling a desire for some friendly interaction, I parked myself beside Bridget and waited. After a little while, she raised her head, turned her whole body towards me, and reached out with her front leg. I grabbed hold of it and rubbed her knee, while she stuck her nose in my hair. I'm certain now that it is correct to think of the leg gesture as a greeting. She soon went back to her breakfast, but I felt much better.

Her mane is getting very long. I wonder if she'll allow me
to shampoo and condition it when the weather is warmer?

No comments:

Post a Comment