Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Conversation with Chloe

Me: It's time for you to go back in the field now, Chloe.

Chloe: What bizarre ideas you do have.

Me:  No, really, it's time to go back in.

Chloe: Nonsense, I don't live in the field, I live on the lawn.

Me:  Chloe, come on, it's time to go.

Chloe: It is fruitless for you to insist, I have made up my mind.

Me:  Ok, how about we play the game "Moving Your Feet"?

Chloe:  All right, you start.

Me:  How about you move your back legs thataway?

Chloe:  All rightie.

Me:  How about moving them the other way?

Chloe:  Very well.

Me:  Let's try that again, shall we?

Chloe:  Don't push your luck.  Once each direction is enough.

Me:  Ok, how about you move your front legs thataway?

Chloe:  Ok.

Me:  How about the other way?

Chloe:  Sure, why not.

Me:  And again?

Chloe:  I thought we discussed this already.

Me:  Oh, all right.  How about you take a step backward?

Chloe:  Fine.

Me:  And ... how about forward?

Chloe:  Do you think I'm stupid?  I know this is a ruse to get me to go back into the field.

Me:  Ok, how about I sit down here on the ground beside you?

Chloe:  Excellent idea.  [chews]  As a matter of fact, this would be a good time to take a little nap.

Long interval during which June becomes bored.

Me:  All right.  I'm going to feed the OTHERS.  In the FIELD.

Chloe:  Hey, give me that bucket.

Me:  Nuh uh, not til you get back in the field.  Look at George eating his yummy dinner, and Bridget and Rose, and here's yours - look I'm putting it down on the other side of the fence.

Chloe:  There must be some mistake.  I'm supposed to be served dinner on the LAWN. Goodness me.  Where is it?  I can't find it.

Me:  Chloe, you are making me CRAZY.  I'm putting this rope around your neck, and I'm going to stand here until you follow me.  I am not even kidding.

Chloe: I am a lawn-dweller.  I do not speak your language.

Me:  CHLOE!

Chloe:  Oh whatever, I'm coming, where did you put that food again?



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I have conversations like this with Cassie when I take her for an evening stroll.

    Me: Cassie, we have to go now. I'm getting soaked, the water is running into my jeans.

    Cassie: Pffff, what a whimp you are.

    ReplyDelete