Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rose Emerging?

Rose has taken to returning to the scene of breakfast after the others have left.  She goes to each erstwhile food pile and sniffs around looking for leftovers.

She is a very reserved horse and never puts herself forward.  She stays close to the herd and hangs back while the others come forward for attention.  But this recent show of independence got me thinking maybe she's looking for something else.

This morning, after snooping around for crumbs of breakfast, she was standing alone by the water trough.  I went out to see her, and she indicated with her head that she was interested in the grass on the other side of the fence.  As I had left my breakfast sitting on the counter where the kitten was sure to get it, I told her I'd just run in and get my plate and then be back to take her out.

Alas, when I returned a moment later, Rose had left.  Next time I'll just sacrifice my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment