Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

George Takes Charge

Remember how I said that George's teeth have never offered to make contact with the mares?  Never say never.

A day or two ago, I saw Rose nibbling on some black walnut leaves overhanging their field.  I believe black walnut is not great for horses (although we never had a horse want to eat it before), so I shooed her away. George picked that moment to chase her.  I thought it was a coincidence.

This morning, she went to eat some of the leaves again.  I shouted anxiously at her to leave them alone. George ran at her and gave her a definite, teeth-bared, bite on the rump (no damage done).

I was rather impressed and thanked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment