Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

An Anxious Few Moments

I was sitting at the hairdresser's, quietly reading People magazine while waiting for my husband to get a haircut, when my daughter texted me. (Her phone has malfunctioned, and she can't actually use it to make voice calls.) Her message read: "All the horses are lying on the ground and Rose is making really weird noises. What's that about?"

Now anyone who has read Zamba: The True Story of the Greatest Lion That Ever Lived (and if you haven't read it, you should), knows that overnight, all your horses can just, like, drop dead, so her message was not calculated to enhance my hairdresser waiting experience.

I texted back, asking her to go in and see if they got up. No, they didn't get up. People magazine by this point had totally lost its charm.

I texted back: Throw something at them. I waited for a reply, and then, unable to stand the suspense, finally called the phone of one of her friends who was with her, and asked her to put my daughter on:  Yup, we threw sticks at them, they got up, they're fine.

Pumping my daughter later for further information, I found out that Chloe had not been lying down, but that the other three had all been sacked out within three feet of each other. The weird noises Rose had been making were probably like the noises George made the other day when he was lying down. Kind of snoring. My daughter and her two friends had gone in and stood by the horses, who had been quite happy to lie there despite the girls' presence, until the stick barrage ruined their beauty sleep.

So. Wow. What's up with all this lying down? I've seen Chloe lying down in the distance once. George was lying down the other day. Rose and Bridget lay down when they had gas colic. But that's it. And today three of them were lying down together. On the one hand, we have a whole new level of food competition going on between them, and on the other hand they're all having a cosy nap together. You just never know what's going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment