Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

More thoughts on dominance

Today I twice had occasion to shoo Bridget away.  Once (as described in the previous entry) was to make her leave so that Chloe and I could spend some time together.  The other time was when I was talking to a friend over the gate.  Bridget came up and kept backing into me so that I could scratch her tail.  I finally got sick of it and sent her away so I could continue my conversation in peace.

Both times, I sent her out of my space for a valid reason, rather than as a random exercise of authority.

I wonder if that's the right way to think of dominance - you should exercise it only when you have a legitimate need to do so.

Still thinking this over.

No comments:

Post a Comment