Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Note to Self

Ok.  So when Bridget nipped me yesterday, I automatically smacked her.  The way I see it, it's like those neuron thingies that react, without your whole brain being involved, to lift your hand off the hot plate if you accidentally touch it.

However, (and there often seems to be a however) today I read Stormy May's latest post, where she describes interacting with her erstwhile "mean" pony. I think if Bridget nips in an attempt to get me to do something I don't want to, that doesn't mean I have to do what she wants - but neither does it mean I have to react so negatively.

Right now my neurons are sometimes firing a little too quickly for my mind to step in and mediate.  Got to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had this kind of automatic response to smack, instead I use the energy I get from a bite to make a high-pitched "autch!"-sound and hope it will get the message through.

    ReplyDelete