Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Willows

I know y'all have seen that movie - The Trouble With Angels, where Hayley Mills plays a mischievous young girl at a convent boarding school. There's a scene where, in an attempt to get with it, the school hires a dance teacher who instructs the girls in interpretive dance - they pretend to be trees and wave their arms expressively while the teacher intones "Willoo-oows, willoo-oows" in a mystical tone.  My kids loved that movie and to this day will periodically burst into a Willows rendition.

Well, when my daughter was doing up George's girth today, I did the Willows, willows, complete with mystical incantations in front of him.  He was very impressed, not to say hypnotized.  Although when my daughter came up to talk to him, he agreed that if he had to choose between the willows person and the sane person, he'd choose the sane one.  Be that as it may, the Willows Dance had a very soothing effect on him.  You might try it.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't even seen this movie, I probably will have to watch it to see if that actual scene looks like what I imagine based on this :D

    ReplyDelete