Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in previous entries may or may not express the current opinion of the author.
Welcome!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Too Darn Hot

Today at the barn, the atmosphere was different.  It was very muggy. The horses had been cooped up for hours during a tornado watch and were eager to get out and eat.  I took Chloe and Bridget for a grazing walk - they were very focused on eating, and Chloe didn't even notice when Bridget and I had gone back to the pasture.  She came to, and ran up to the fence whinnying until I reappeared and suggested she follow me back. George was off at the far end of his pasture, head down.

I think when I come to the barn, I'm often thinking about the last time I was there - perhaps thinking of trying to recreate the mood, or continue something we were doing.  It can take me a while to adjust to the new mood of the day.  Obviously the horses remember the past - an awareness manifested by fear or trust or anticipation - but they are always already slotted into the new day.

Here's the tractor barn.  I like images of portals.

No comments:

Post a Comment